Friday, February 12, 2010

Pizza: Man's #1 choice of food





So here are some pictures, before and after they were cooked. Noah did the pepperoni. I like my pizza soft, he likes it crispy. I like thin crust, he likes thick, stuffed crust pizza. Noah eats a whole pizza and is still hungry...How do we solve this? By making 2 pizzas! Mine didn't look as good as Noah's so I didn't even post them. Just kidding, mine is at the bottom.



*NOTE: We make pizza every Sunday, its a Ruggieri tradition passed on through the generations! It's actually really fun and doesn't take a lot of time. I'll include a good sauce recipe I like. I love spices! Also every time we make this pizza it looks better than the last time. It just takes trial and error. We also use mozzarella sticks to make the stuffed crust.

PIZZA SAUCE
Ingredients

* 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
* 6 fluid ounces warm water
* 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
* 1 teaspoon minced garlic
* 2 tablespoons honey
* 3/4 teaspoon onion powder
* 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
* 1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram
* 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
* 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
* 1/8 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes or powder (you can add more if you like it spicier or even cayenne pepper, but I don't like that)
* salt to taste



Directions
1. In a small bowl, combine all ingredients; mix together, breaking up any clumps of cheese.
2. Spread over pizza dough and prepare pizza as desired.

Click here for the pizza dough recipe.

1 comment:

  1. YOUR man's #1 choice of food. My man would prefer steak- or bison steak. Your pizzas look fabulous, though. Have you tried philly cheeseteak pizza? Its one of our favorites. :)

    ReplyDelete

http://thecutestblogontheblock.com//images/rsgallery/original/Victorian-Style-Twitter2.gif